Available for Private Hire Groups Up to 12 people travelling over 300 miles
1) APPLICATION: Those condition apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer acts on behalf of all the travelling passengers. If the hirer is a company, group, etc and individual must be named as a responsible person. The hirer is responsible for all actions and decisions of passengers on board including any additional cost incurred, whether or not they travel with the party. The company can only accept invitations from the hirer. If the hirer is not travelling a representative must be chosen and the company informed prior to hire.
2) QUOTATIONS: Quotations are given on the basis of information provided by the hirer. The route used is as the discretion of the company, unless particularly specified by the hirer, in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation.
3) USE OF VEHICLE: The hirer cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward and return journey, not to remain at destination for hirer’s use unless previously agreed with the company.
4) ROUTE AND TIME VARIATION: The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time than not agreed. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer; it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow hirer’s instructions.
5) DRIVERS HOURS: The hours of operations for the driver are regulated by law. Neither the hirer nor passenger shall delay or interrupt the journey in such away that the driver is breaching regulations. If a breach occurs the hirer is responsible for the additional costs incurred (see section 4).
6) SEATING CAPABILITIES: At the time of booking legal seating capacity will be specified. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond capacity.
7) CONVEYANCE OF ANIMALS: No animals may be carried on a vehicle without written agreement from the company
8) SLEEPER/TOUR COACHES: These vehicles will be charged at a daily rate of hire commencing from 00:00hrs finishing 24:00 hrs. Full day rates will be charged for these types of vehicles, which may also include trailers if requested.
9) SPLITTER VANS: These vehicles will be charged at a daily rate of hire commencing from time of first pick up finishing 24 hours later. Full day rates will be charged for these types of vehicles, which may also include trailers if requested.
10) EXTRA FACILITIES: in the event that extra facilities such as beds, lounge area furniture, tea/coffee machines, TV’s etc becoming defective, the company will not be held liable to any potential damages that may arise.
11) CONFIRMATION: normally written confirmation by the company is the only basis of acceptance of hiring or subsequent alternations.
12) PAYMENT: Payment must be paid in full before the start of the hire unless otherwise agreed by the company or a credit facility already exists.
13) CANCELLATION BY HIRER: If the hirer cancels, the following scale of charges will apply: Up to 24 hours before DATE of hire – (deposit & first payment). Under 24 hours before date of hire – (full payment).
14) CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY: In the event of circumstances beyond the company’s control e.g. Civil unrest, strikes, police road closures, terrorist attacks, breakdown etc (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the hirer taking any action varying agreed conditions unilaterally the company may, by returning all money paid and without further liability cancel the contract.
15) VEHICLE TO BE PROVIDED: The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified unless specifically instructed not to do son. In such circumstances no additional charge will be levied. The company reserves the right to substitutes being of equivalent value.
16) BREAKDOWNS AND DELAYS: The company gives its advice on journey times in good faith. However as a result of a breakdown, traffic congestion or other events beyond reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than expected and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused to the hirer.
17) AGENCY/ARRANGEMENTS: When the company hires in vehicles or arranges other ancillary services. The terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through the company shall insofar as they are supplied to the hirer be binding on the hirer as if they had been directly contracted services.
18) PACKAGE TRAVEL REGULATIONS: If the hirer organises other elements of a package in addition to the provision of transport, the hirer may be defined as an organiser or retailer for the purpose of the package tour regulations and may be required to comply with the provision of the regulations.
19) PASSENGERS PROPERTY: Vehicles are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether or what extent passenger’s property is carried. Large items may not be able to be carried and the hirer should notify the company in advance of any requirements. The company accepts personal property of the hirer and their passengers on the understanding that it will take all responsible steps to avoid loss or damage. The hirer should notify the company or the driver if items of exceptional values are to be carried. It is the hirer’s responsibility to minimise risk of loss when property is left unattended.
20) CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS: The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passengers from the vehicle whose behaviour prejudices safety. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire. When the hirer is going to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of legal requirements relating to the alcohol and the conditions of entry to race courses etc.
21) COMPLAINTS: In the event of a complaint the hirer should seek a solution at the time from the driver of the company. If a remedy has not been provided, complaints should be submitted in writing to the Managing Director within 14 days of terminations time of hire.
22) NOTICES: No bill poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without prior written consent of the company.
23) REFRESHMENTS & ALCOHOLIC DRINKS: Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose food (except confectionary) and drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent.
24) REFUNDS: In the event of the failure of the company to provide the booked service any refund will be limited to the amount paid for the hire.
25) DAMAGE TO VEHICLES: The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicles by any passenger or agent for the duration of the hire. Any damage caused will be billed accordingly to the hirer, this includes interior, exterior, for vandalism or accidental damage.
26) TRAILERS: If you have booked a trailer you must insure the contents yourself. You are also responsible for any documentation relating to the contents (carnet etc). The weight must not exceed 1.5 ton, any fines for excess weight will be liable to the hirer.
The most important safety feature of the vehicle is the driver, please treat him with respect, they are there to ensure you arrive at your destination safely and comfortably.
There are 2 exits on the vehicle, the passenger door and the drivers door. Please ensure the aisle is kept clear and that you store all clothing and belongings in the storage compartments underneath the berths. No footwear is allowed in the berths. In the unlikely event of an emergency please make your way to the exit doors. There is also a break glass hammer located in the sun roof should the main door be inaccessible.
We ask that you remain in your berth for the entirety of the journey. If the vehicle is to break suddenly you will be safe within your berth - these are not fitted with seatbelts as these are rearward facing. Only one person per berth please.
There is no toilet onboard - a 45 minute break will be scheduled at a maximum of 4.5 hours at a roadside service station, or sooner if requested by the hirer.
There is no smoking or use of electronic cigarettes allowed on the vehicle. The fire extinguisher and first aid kit are located behind the drivers seat, and they will use it on you if there are any signs of smoke in the aisle or berths.
We want to maximise the comfort of your journey. Each berth is equipped with draw curtains on both sides to eliminate light and noise from within the vehicle. The driver will control the heating of the aisle, or if you wish to cool use the air con opening in the roof of your berth.
Each berth comes with a reading light with a small switch on the circular chrome, and power ports both 3 pin and USB. To ensure you get a good nights sleep we advise that you put your mobile phone in the magazine rack and put on silent. Short wavelength blue light from portable devices has been proven to reduce your sleep quality from halting production of sleeping inducing hormone melatonin.
Once the vehicle begins the journey the main aisle light will be switched off and the blue UV light will illuminate the aisle. After 30 minutes this will also be switched off to ensure you are able to sleep without light interference.
30 minutes before arriving at your destination the UV light and radio will be switched on to gradually awaken you, ready for your day ahead. In the magazine rack there are Travel by Knight facial wipes so you can freshen up in the morning and there is a mirror in the rear above the microwave. Breakfast wraps, fresh fruit and bottles of water/juice are available.
Please keep the vehicle tidy, there are rubbish bags located on the coat hangers by each of the top berths. You may hang outdoor jackets by these hooks or the hooks located at the front by the driver and the entrance door.
BRAVE – Enterprise in obedience to rule
COURTEOUS – We place our customers at the heart of everything we do
BOLD – Innovation, new ideas and initiatives to out-perform our
GENEROUS – Priviledge to serve, give more in value than take in payment
AFFABLE – Open communication and respect to all worthy people
PATIENT – Anger blinds, a cool head wins the day